siobahn ysabel

This is the blog for siobahn ysabel. I created this blog for my daughter's use. I get to interject ... until she kicks me off ... with stuff about her I want to remember and share with and about her. This is her blog portal.

11.10.2008

Art by Siobahn & The Tiniest Kittens


Well, this was going to be one of these really silly blog entries that Mom posts, because this weekend Siobahn completed her first tattoos ... on her legs. I thought they were really cool and wanted to share them with everyone! Well, when I woke up this morning to Siobahn, hands on her hip ... "Mom, I edited the blog and took off the pictures!" "But," I argued, "we have to show them off, they are sooo cool." "Its MY blog. And, No!"

So, fortunately for you, we found a compromise over breakfast and we created some Photoshop art with them and she agreed to share them this way.

"Booda" ... Siobahn wanted to fix it a little because she thought you really can't see his mustache and the curl of his smile too clearly, but that correction was too much for my Photoshop abilities. (Booda was the left thigh, Beach was on the right.)

And then, we have sad news. Purrlione gave birth, prematurely, to two kittens. Siobahn named them Pongo and Sparta. Pongo never lived, he wasn't still born, but he wasn't fully alive either. I actually thought he was stillborn but Chris and Siobahn both found life in his little breath, but he did not survive the night. Sparta, as small as he was, squirmed around, found a nipple and nursed, but he too, was just too small to survive. Siobahn and I were taking care of him all day long, checking on him every two hours, holding him to keep him warm while Purrlione could eat and get out of the laundry room for a while, the 8:00 p.m. check-in found him lifeless and cold. He too was gone.

As I realized that he had died, I wondered if I should keep him in the laundry room until tomorrow or go ahead and put him outside before Siobahn woke up ... thankfully, just as I was contemplating that dilemma, I hear her voice in the other room. She woke up momentarily and I told her the news. We had a little cry, she kissed him goodbye, and then went back to sleep. Even if they are with you for a minute, cute, cuddly things have a way of touching you deeply!

peace & harmony,
elaine
'freedom must be exercised to stay in shape!'
And $iobahn who owns this blog (made special edits).

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home